Saturday, September 6, 2014

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
Actual rating: 3.5

After I finished this book, it was then I realized that reading The Mortal Instruments is like riding a roller coaster ride. At first it goes up, higher and higher, then it suddenly goes down and makes you feel that your heart might jump out of your chest at any moment.

Sadly, City of Fallen Angels was the 'down' part of that roller coaster, except for that shocked part--there wasn't any plot twist in this book that blew me away, which is a disappointment in my part. For me, it was not that bad but I had to admit that I didn't enjoy reading it as much as I did the first three books. The previous installments of the series were a crescendo so it was no doubt that I had high expectations when I started this one. But I kinda felt disappointed.

What I didn't like:
1. The slow pacing of the book
2. The story seemed to focus more on Simon and most of the time the readers are reading from his point of view. (I like Simon a lot, but don't you think it's a bit tiring when most parts of the book are centered on just one person?)
3. Jace and Clary's scenes. Ugh. I used to love it when I read about them but it was very much different in this book. I found their romantic scenes too forced and boring that I wanted to skip the pages and read Malec's or Sizzy's moments instead.
4. Not so many things happened.

What I liked:
MAGNUS AND ALEC
SIMON AND ISABELLE
MAGNUS AND ALEC
SIMON AND ISABELLE
MAGNUS AND ALEC
SIMON AND ISABELLE
MAGNUS AND ALEC
SIMON AND ISABELLE
MAGNUS AND ALEC
SIMON AND ISABELLE

AHHHHH I SHIP THEM A LOT!! I REALLY LOVE THE SIZZY SCENE ON THE LAST PART OF THE BOOK. AND OF COURSE, MALEC. I FIND IT REALLY CUTE WHEN ALEC GETS JEALOUS OF CAMILLE OR WILL!!

PS I just wish City of Lost Souls would be better and make up for what City of Fallen Angels lacked.


No comments:

Post a Comment