Saturday, September 6, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe Someday

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is my first time to read a Colleen Hoover book. And after reading this novel, I can say that all the hype over this one is doubtlessly worth it. The plot having a deaf person for a main character is unique, and I love it how all the characters in the story felt so real.

The start of the book captivated me. I loved the part when they were still in the balcony, Ridge playing his guitar and Sydney watching and listening to him. It was like watching the music video of Taylor Swift's You Belong with Me, only that this balcony part of Ridge and Sydney seems more likely to make you feel giddy (Did I use the right word? I was supposed to say nakakakilig, but it seems that there is no exact Engish translation for that.) I also like the times when they are writing music.

Also, Hoover writes like a boss; her words are as perfect and powerful as they were beautifully written that I can't stop myself from highlighting almost the whole page. They aren't those that were written just to fill up a paper; they are the kind of words that can pierce through your heart and leave a mark there.

The book was great all through out, though I'll admit that my feelings toward it started to lessen as I came closer to the end. I don't know, maybe it's just because the conflict was close to being resolved, and with that I felt the excitement decreasing. But I still like the book and I love the author's writing so much-- and I'm definitely going to read her other books.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment