Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read from August 6-18, 2012

A little bit disappointing. You see, nothing much really happened. The book's mostly composed of Katniss's depressive thoughts and self-pitying. I hate Katniss in this book, she's just too self-centered, gets furious with everyone, and I don't understand why she kissed Gale if it's Peeta who she really likes. Also, the book got me confused. Like, I was reading a certain page and I find myself asking, "Who's this?" or turning the page back and reading the thing all over again, just to understand what happened. I know a lot of people love Mockingjay, and reading this review will make them somewhat annoyed, or even angry (I hope not). Remember, we all have different opinons! I'm not saying Mockingjay is bad; for me it's just a not-too-good-not-too-bad-either book. Despite everything, I would still give this a generous 3 stars because Suzanne really did well in Catching Fire. Also, the song The Hanging Tree did give me the creeps! :]




2 comments:

  1. I'm reading your review. I'm not annoyed. I want to know the next part but i don't feel reading it. I'll just await the film version :)
    -
    Literateknolohitura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my review isn't what discouraged you from reading the book. Although I didn't like Mockingjay that much, I'd still suggest you read it because there are still some parts that will be omitted in the movie, no matter how faithful it'll be to the book. Read it if you want to understand the story better :)

      Delete